Eggs don’t only taste good, they can be fun too. Below we share some fun egg games and race ideas for kids.
Eggs can take a regular game and turn it into a game of suspense. After all, who wants to be the one that cracked the egg.
1. Egg Toss
- You’ll need one, hard-boiled egg for each pair of children.
- Have the children stand across from a partner. They should stand one foot apart.
- When the leader says, “Go” the children should toss the eggs to their partners.
- With hard-boiled eggs, everyone can play the whole game because the eggs won’t crack.
- With each toss, the children should back up one step. Play until the eggs are destroyed and before the kids get bored.
2. The Egg-A-Thon
- This can be played as a race or relay event.
- Use a tablespoon and a hard-boiled egg or plastic Easter egg and plastic spoon.
- Children try to walk fast holding the egg in the spoon to the finish line.
- It can also be done as a relay and have one child in the middle of the race line waiting.
- The children transfer the egg to their relay partner’s spoon and go!
3. Follow the Leader
- Give each child a tablespoon and a hard-boiled egg.
- The children form a line and one is the leader.
- Each one holds the spoon with the egg in its bowl at arm’s length and hops on one foot, following wherever the leader leads them.
- To drop the egg or rest on both feet prevents one from continuing in the game. They stay out until the next round.
4. Egg Rolling
- For an egg roll, you must have some sort of incline, preferable a hill.
- The Egg Roll is basically a race, the eggs are rolled down the hill and the one that reaches the bottom first wins.
- Steep hills make great races, but slow climbing.
5. Egg and Spoon Races
- Eggs (real or plastic), spoons and an area to run are all you need for this game.
- Variations could include relays and obstacle courses.
- To make it easy for younger kids, place something on the spoon to make the egg stick.
- YOU CAN ALSO USE MARSHMALLOW CHICKS…
6. Nosy Egg Roll
The kids roll the eggs (PLASTIC OR REAL) using only their noses. The first one over the finish line wins.
We hope you have enjoyed this collection of fun egg games and race ideas. These can be done at any time of year. You may use them at Easter since eggs are plentiful at this time.