Educator, Writer & Editor
Expertise: Education, Equity, Publishing
Education: Bachelor of English at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Master of Arts in Teaching at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Parent to two teenage athletes
- Full time middle school educator
- Published in International Society for Technology in Education, Cultural Investigator for Digital Representation in Education member, National Endowment for the Humanities multi-workshop participant
Catherine Stanley is an educator, writer and editor with over a decade of experience teaching a range of middle school subjects. She has been published by the National Society for Technology in Education on self-paced education, interviewed on BAM radio Network on allowing students to design their classroom and offered professional development sessions at state conferences. During the summers, Catherine travels to participate in National Endowment for Humanities workshops to further her education. Most recently, Catherine was accepted into a Cultural Investigator for Digital Representation in Education program where she traveled to Munich and curated projects and written content on use of digital technologies in education.
When Catherine is not teaching, she is cheering on her two teenagers at their soccer games, basketball games track meets, wrestling matches and gymnastics competitions. At home, Catherine and her children enjoy playing with their Chihuahua, Jupiter.
Catherine has a Bachelor of English at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Master of Arts in Teaching at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
About Kid Activities
Kid Activities, an Alony Media brand, is one of the leading sources for teachers and parents in activities for kids or teens, lesson plans and classroom themes. We strive to publish human first content created by experts and reaching tens of millions of people annually. Kidactivities content is fact checked and reviewed by our Review Board for accuracy and integrity. Learn more about us and our review process.
More from Catherine Stanley
- Why Students Should Choose Their Own Tests
- Tech Tools to Amplify Student Voice in the Classroom
- 30 Solar System Trivia Questions for Young Stargazers
- 5 Socioemotional Check-ins in 5 Minutes
- History of Halloween: 25 Trivia Questions for Kids
- 60 Animal Trivia Questions for Kids
- 56 Fun Games to Play with Friends
- Attention Getters for Kids in the Classroom
- February Themes and Activities for Preschoolers